' Petite on a Penny

Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

DIY Jewelry


As I've been (fruitlessly) trying to find holiday gifts for my friends and family, I've run across a fair amount of jewelry that I'm pretty sure I can DIY for a fraction of the price. Anthropologie, especially, is a great source of inspiration.

If I can manage it, I'm going to try to DIY versions of a few of these pieces for the upcoming holidays. I chose these designs because they seem to me to require very little talent and few materials; usually just wire and/or chain, and charms and/or stones.

 Coiling Branch Hoops ($32.00)                          Rain Remains Hoops ($29.95)
I unfortunately forgot where I found these earrings--they've been in my inspiration folder for so long!

 Anthropologie is also featuring these "DIY" charm necklaces. To put together a necklace (here) you choose a chain and up to five charms, customizing the design to your liking. The chains are $18.00 and the charms seem to be around $15.00 each. That means the necklace I put together (above) would cost me $93.00 plus tax and shipping! What do you want to bet I could make almost the same thing at a fraction of the cost?
 
And lastly, alas, I don't think I can DIY these earrings, but they really caught my eye as they remind me of one of my favorite artists, Andy Goldsworthy, and his beautiful work with serpentine shapes.


 But, even if I can't make those last earrings, I sure can try to do the rest! Wish me luck!

Will anyone else by DIYing some of their holiday gifts this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...