' Petite on a Penny

Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Full Disclosure

In the interest of full disclosure (and keeping myself accountable), this year I'm going to be blogging how much I spend on clothes/makeup/hair stuff each month, for all of The Internets to read. This is a bit of a scary task, as I do think that I have the tendency to make little white lies to myself about what I am buying and where my money is going. However, as I am on an immensely small budget, and because I really want to show that you do NOT need to spend a ton (or even a moderate amount) of money to feel good about yourself, here goes nothing!

When I started my job at City Year, I began keeping an Excel record of how I spent my money, breaking it down by week/month and type of purchase. Thanks to that, I have the past 5 months on record, and they are as follows:

August
Clothing: $0
Makeup: $21.72
Hair: $0

September
Clothing: $18.00
Makeup: $15.96
Hair: ~$10.00

October
Clothing: $98.77
Makeup: $15.00
Hair: $0.00

November
Clothing: $0
Makeup: $0
Hair: ~$10.00

December
Clothing: $67.23
Makeup: $0
Hair: $0

So, for the last 5 months of this year, I spent an average of $36.80/month on clothing, $10.53/month on makeup, and $4/month on hair products. Overall, pretty good, I'd say! Here's to keeping it up (or, down, as the case may be) through 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...