Top: PacSun (similar, similar) / Tank: Target / Shorts: Urban Outfitters (similar) / Shoes: Crocs Adrina flat ($40, buy here) / Bag: from Unique LA / Necklace: from a farmer's market (same, from Modcloth)

I was heading outside today to take my photos when I realized that the light in the staircase was awesome...so I never made it out and took photos here instead. Also, I clearly need to take more pictures in stairwells, if this is how tall it makes me look! Fellow petite ladies, are you with me? :)
* * * * * * * *
As for the shoes:
These are the flats I decided to keep, after pondering whether or not I could bear to be the owner of a pair of Crocs. Verdict is, these are not your typical Crocs! They have a sleek low profile, a whimsical cut-out dot design, and come in a few great colors like this awesome aqua/celery combination. And, most importantly, OH MY GOODNESS THEY ARE SO COMFORTABLE. In that respect, these ARE your average Crocs. I have worn these trekking across Boston, playing tour-guide to visiting friends (which is a strange thing to do when you're new to the city yourself), moving boxes and suitcases, and generally running about town, and my feet have never once felt sore.
I will say I got two small blisters on my pinkies the first few times wearing them, but now that they're a bit broken in, I'm having no trouble. I realized early on that they don't exactly match with everything, but then decided just as quickly that I just didn't care. Aqua-and-celery shoes every day? Why not?
I bought a size 7 from Zappos and am usually a 7 or 7 1/2. These shoes, I think, run a teensy bit large as there is a bit of wiggle-room for me. So, if you're between sizes, I'd recommend going with the lower of your sizes. Right now they're $40.00 at Zappos.
So, I hereby promise to stop hating on Crocs. :) Has anyone else put aside their stereotypes to try a new brand?
Hope you all had a great week!


No comments:
Post a Comment