Megan, the lovely blogger over at Feathers and Freckles, recently came up with a great idea. She decided to challenge herself to choose 10 items from her closet that she avoids or has never worn and wear at least one of those items every day for 2 weeks. Afterwards, she'd make a decision: to keep, or not to keep?
She invited readers to try the challenge out on their own, and I thought it sounded like a great opportunity to purge my closet a bit. I actually go through my closet and give stuff away on a fairly regular basis, so I might not quite make it up to 10 items, but I thought I'd give it a shot nonetheless!
Here is my first entry, in the form of this lovely skirt from Anthropologie:
Top: Gap sz xs / Skirt: Anthropologie sz sm (very, very old) / Shoes: Target Eliana Wedges ($24.99) / Necklace: Amrita Singh
I love the colors of this skirt, and the midi length is very "in" right now, but those two things are actually what makes it so hard for me to style! I have no idea what color top to pair with this skirt, and the length makes me wonder if I look school-teacher-y (oh wait...I am a school teacher...hrm).
Turns out, I actually love this outfit! I just needed a little push to wear this skirt again (it's been hanging in my closet for years, but I could never part with it). I like the classy feel, the green-on-blue-on-teal color combination, and of course, the twirlability:
I will definitely be trying to restyle this skirt again! (Though now I'm scared I won't be able to come up with another combination...) Anyway, a total keep.



No comments:
Post a Comment