' Petite on a Penny

Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Missfits: Double Whammy!

Sept-16-1 
Top: Target/Converse sz xs / Skirt: Modcloth sz s / Belt: Bought in England / Sandals: Gap / Bracelet: Family heirloom
  Sept-16-2
 When I put together this outfit, I was only expecting this top to be a "misfit." I bought it years ago, but hardly ever wear it. Mostly, I shy away from it due to the color; it's so close to the color of the jeans I usually wear, that I feel way to monochromatic in it unless I wear some pop of color like this turquoise skirt. Also, in looking at these pictures, I realize that the collar spreads out strangely wide, which adds to the misfit-ness of the whole thing.
  Sept-16-3 Sept-16-4
And oh yea, about that skirt: turns out, I think it's a misfit too! I love the color, the shape, and the pockets, (of course), but it's both a skosh too tight and a skosh too short to be in heavy rotation in my closet. I really like this skirt, but I do think it's time that it found a better home in the closet of a slightly shorter, slightly tinier petite. Any takers? :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...