' Petite on a Penny

Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Day in the Life

Top: Gap stretch fitted button down, sz sm / Skirt: Zara ($10.00) / Shoes: Target Merona Elliana Wedge Sandals ($24.99, buy here) / Bag: Charles David (Macy's, borrowed from my sister) / Bangle: Bought in England (about $3.00)

I'm training for a new job for these next 3 weeks, which means fun times in business casual. :) This is my favorite look from the past week, which unfortunately didn't involve too many fashion highlights as I was still unpacking most of my things.
I'm happy I finally figured out a nice way to wear this $10.00 Zara skirt. I bought it because there are zero orange clothes in my closet (normally, I think the color looks awful on me), and I wanted to get out of my comfort zone.
I though the skirt could work in my wardrobe because 1) being a skirt, the orange color isn't near my face, where it would have been much less flattering against my skin tone, 2) the blues and burgundys in the flower print are colors I love to wear and have in my closet already, 3) pockets! 4) it's lined and well-made, for Zara, 5) you can't beat the price!
I'm unsure if I have another way to style it as of yet, but hopefully I'll figure it out. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...