' Petite on a Penny

Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dressing Room: Zara and F21

I had an hour to kill at the mall the other day while my car was in the shop around the corner, so I headed over to Zara and Forever21 to see if I could scoop up any late-summer sales. Turns out there was a fair amount to see!

First up, Zara:

1. Orange/brown placket-front shirt sz xs $19.99: Passed. A bit too slouchy overall, wouldn't tuck in well for work outfits, and the color, though pretty and fall-y, didn't look so great on my skintone.

2. Orange floral print skirt with pockets sz xs $9.99: Purchased, but may return. This skirt feels great on, has an interior lining, pockets, and is a color I never wear (hello, orange!) but is accented by colors I do (blue, green, burgundy). I just need to see if it goes with any tops in my closet. If not, it'll probably be a return.

And, Forever21:

3. Orange knit top with ruffle front sz s $15.90: Passed. I was on an orange kick today, wasn't I? I could see this top looking great on someone else, but for me...a bit too girly/ruffly. The material was nice and soft, and it could be a great work shirt to tuck into high-waisted pencil skirts.
4. Beige feather print skirt sz s $14.80: Passed. The material was just ok, though I thought the print was very pretty. The cut just didn't wow me, so I passed.


5. Multi-color printed skirt sz s $10.50: Purchased. This is the perfect skirt for me. Short but not too short, flowy, in colors that can transition through seasons, with a few pops of color that I don't wear too often, and cheap! I'm wearing it to a business/casual day at work today, and am loving it. Also: pockets!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...