' Petite on a Penny

Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Deal of the Day: Banana Republic Sleek Suit Jacket

I wanted to share one of the best deals I've gotten recently, on this Banana Republic "sleek suit jacket," size 0.
The original price was $158;, but the jacket was already priced down to $85 in my local BR store. On top of that, it was in the 40% off section, and then on top of that, I got a 25% off coupon when I walked in the door as part of some promotion they were having. All of that added up to me getting this classic black blazer for an amazing $41, including tax!
Blazer: Banana Republic Sleek Suit Jacket sz 0 ($158 $41 online here) / Top: Ann Taylor sz xsP/ Jeans: Gap "sexy boot" bootcut jeans sz 24/00 (hemmed, similar here)/ Belt: F21 sz x/xs (about $3) / Shoes: Target Pearce Pumps ($29.99) / Necklace: Macy's, borrowed from mi madre

I've shopped some great sales in the past, but I'm pretty sure this is one of the best I've ever had. Partly because of the great discount (about 75% off in total!), but partly because a black blazer has been on my wish list for years, but has always been out of my price range. I knew I could get a cheap-o one at Target or F21, but I wanted something fully lined, classic, and durable, with great construction that would last me for years. I am SO happy to have found this jacket. I can't wait to style it in the fall and winter!
The great sale wasn't enough to persuade the Boyfriend, however, who was, hilariously, absolutely flabbergasted that women wear blazers with jeans and heels on the regular. To him, they're strictly work wear, but I'm determined to try to prove him wrong!

* * * * * * * * * *
Fit: The fit is great across the shoulders, which was the most important thing for me. The sleeves are the slightest bit long when unrolled, but I actually really like that extra half inch. The torso is nipped in at the waist, but there's enough room under the jacket to layer a sweater during the winter. I guess this blazer is more in line with the "boyfriend" style...a bit longer past the hips and slouchier overall (yet fitted in the back and shoulders). The online reviews say it runs small.

Measurements (lying flat): 24.5" length (from top of shoulder), 14.75" across shoulders, 13.5" across the waist, and 24" long sleeves (from shoulder seam).

Material: Shell--57% cotton, 39% modal, 4% lycra; Body lining--100% polyester; sleeve lining--95% polyester, 5% spandex.

Care: Dry clean only

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...