At 5'4" and 112 lbs, I'm not quite as small as some of the bloggers I love following so much (my mother: "You're like a pug, the biggest of the toy dogs!") but I sure do understand the ups and downs of shopping for petite-friendly clothes. In some stores, I'm swimming in 00p, in others, I can barely squeeze into a size 2. Add to this the fact that I'm a recent college graduate hoping to look put-together on a serious budget, and shopping is more difficult than one might imagine!
So, why start this blog? In part, I have been inspired by the blogs I love and read on a daily basis; since I found them, I've reinvested time and energy into styling my clothes and paying more attention to fit and quality, rather than just buying the latest thing from F21 or H&M. However, I definitely need some improvement. As my boyfriend told me a few days ago, "For someone who reads so many fashion blogs, you wear a lot of jeans and t-shirts!" Ok, well...guilty as charged. So I'm also hoping that this blog will keep me motivated to pay more attention to my style on a daily basis and help me be more creative with what I wear. I've learned so much from other blogs, and I hope that mine can make some small dent in the petite community and maybe help out a few other fellow petites out there.
I hope to chronicle the trials and tribulations of petite fashion on a budget, building a wardrobe straight out of college, and styling for those of us who often battle the urge to just throw on another pair of jeans and a tshirt every morning.
For reference, my measurements (which feel a bit strange to post on the internet, but here I go...):
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 112 lbs
Bust: 30 inches
Waist: 24.5 inches
High hip: 31.5 inches
Low hip: 35 inches
Inseam: 30 inches
Thigh: 18.5 inches
Calf: 14 inches (I have big ol' dancer legs...)
Shoe: 7 or 7.5 (My feet are probably the least petite thing about me!)
I hope you enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment