' Petite on a Penny

Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Wearing the Pants

Well, I made it to work on Wednesday, and I didn't have to go naked. How did I solve my summer fashion dilemma, you ask?

Why, with a pair of pants whose one random drawback actually served me perfectly in this hot-hot-hot LA weather.

Top: Anthropologie sz xs (on sale for about $20.00) / Pants: Ann Taylor (the tag fell out, so I don't know what size they are, but they're a bit big so my guess is sz 0R or 2P) / Shoes: DSW Ann Marino Lottery Menswear Pump in dark grey sz 7.5 (gift, buy here)

These are Ann Taylor pants which I bought about 2 years ago. I didn't pay much attention when buying them, pleased as I was to find a pair of pants that actually didn't need any hemming (provided I wore them with heels of course). Later, I realized, "huh, they're unlined...that's annoying," and was a bit peeved at myself for not noticing that earlier. However, that very flaw has turned out to be a great way for me to survive the LA summers.

I seem to have a captive audience.

Unlined pants = great way to keep cool while looking all kinds of professional.
Shhhh.....no one has to know.

Plus, long pants give me the opportunity to wear (slightly) higher heels!

DSW Ann Marino Lottery Menswear Pump in dark grey sz 7.5 (buy here)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...