' Petite on a Penny

Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Review: Target Pumps

I don't know about you, but I have no shame when it comes to shopping at Target! For the girl on a budget, Target offers a cheaper--and yet not always cheaper-looking--alternative to department stores. I get dresses, shirts, jackets, workout clothes, tights, and accessories such as scarves, sunglasses, some jewelry, and recently, shoes!

I realized that there was a large, gaping, pump-shaped hole in my wardrobe recently. I have a pair of very low black suede heels that I wear to work, but those are my one and only pair of always-comfortable work shoes.

Me Too Heels / DSW / Old / Similar here

Yes, they may not be the epitome of style, but damn are they comfy! And I do like the little girly detail of the fabric flower at the toe.

So, I set out on a mission to find a comfortable, simple, shiny, high-heeled, black pump. For cheap. (Because, though I WANT WANT WANT a pair--or 10--of the Ann Taylor Perfect Pumps, not to mention any number of designer beauties, I can't spend that much on shoes right now.) My search led me quickly to Target, where I found both the Versie and Pearce pumps.

Target Versie Pump / Black Patent / $29.99

Target Pearce Pump / Black Patent / $29.99

My local store had neither shoe in black in my size, but I tried on the nude versions in-store and saw that the 7.5 fit me well. (If you're between two sizes, I'd recommend going for the larger one with these shoes. I'm a 7 or a 7.5 and the 7 was decidedly too small and pinchy.) I wanted to get a pair of nude heels so badly, but I restrained myself and went home to order the black online.

I put in an order for both the Versie and the Pearce, each in size 7.5, and decided to see which I preferred and then return the other.

Here is the Versie:

Target Versie Pump / Black Patent / $29.99
Ouch! Too much pinching at the toe and heel!

And here is the Pearce:

Target Pearce Pump / Black Patent / $29.99
Round toe + flexible sole + right heel height.

For me, the decision came down to three things: heel height, comfort, and then the ever-ambiguous "this-just-feels-right" feeling.

The Versie has a bit of a higher heel, measuring a little over 4 inches (even though the Target website says 3.75), has an almond-shaped toe and an exposed platform in the front. The toe pinched a little bit on me, and the heel seemed a bit too high for me for work.

L: Versie Pump / R: Pearce Pump

The Pearce has a bit of a lower heel, measuring about 3.75 inches (even thought the Target website says 3.25, which I probably would have even preferred!), has a round toe, and no platform. Something about the round toe just felt more "me," and taking into account the heel height and comfort factors (this shoe also has a flexible sole, which I really liked), this seemed like the right shoe for me.

I think I'll be wearing these to work tomorrow, with pictures to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...