I didn't want to splurge too much on this sale, however, so I got four solid-colored scoop-neck tees for the one-day-only price of $7.50 each (usually $16.50), three in size regular xs and one is size petite s.
I love basic t-shirts like this; they are the absolute #1 staple of my wardrobe, right up there along with dark denim and comfortable flats. These are going to replace a few very old F21 tees that have been in my closet, collecting stains and holes, and yet still being worn by yours truly. :-/ A well needed change, I think.
It turns out the only difference between the petite s (red) and the regular xs (navy) is about an inch and a half in length and about an inch or less on each side, so they all fit pretty well.
After trying them on, however, it was clear that the Tamale Red was not the right color for me. I was a bit disappointed because I ordered that color in order to help get me out of my color-rut, but alas, this was not the right shade. I basically wear white, grey, black, green, purple, and blue, and stay pretty far away from reds/pinks/yellows, but wanted to give them a shot. Unfortunately, no dice this time around.
Size S Petite Basic Scooped Tee in Tamale Red and
A-Line Eyelet Skirt Size 00 (seems to be sold out now).
I eyed this pretty skirt, also part of the 40% off sale, and thought it was worth the price (
I was hoping to wear this skirt with short-sleeved shirts tucked in to it to my (business casual) office for work, or with tank tops for a breezy but put-together everyday look.
Determined to make it work, I hiked the skirt up a few inches and pinched it at the back (taking in about 2 inches), letting it settle at my natural waist.
No comments:
Post a Comment